Yucatan Chicken-Lime Soup
- 1 pound rice
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 1 dried chipotle chile, minced
- 1/4 can chipotle chile in adobo, minced (optional substitute: 1 jalapeno pepper minced)
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 quarts low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Combine rice, onions, peppers, chili and garlic with chicken stock in a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add chicken to soup and cook another 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add lime juice, chives and cilantro.