Thai Turkey Pita Sandwich
- 3 tablespoons Teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 pound 99% fat-free ground turkey
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Combine two tablespoons teriyaki sauce and crushed pepper in a shallow dish.
- Add turkey, toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for thirty minutes.
- Combine mayonnaise, remaining one tablespoon of teriyaki sauce, lime juice and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Add cabbage, carrot and cilantro, and mix well.
- Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat.
- Add ground turkey, breaking in small pieces. Cook for a few minutes, stirring until the meat is no longer pink.
- Serve turkey in pita halves or fat-free tortillas and top with cabbage mixture.
- Cooked brown rice mixed with cucumber slices compliments this dish well.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts if desired. This may be served at room temperature or chilled.