Thai Chicken with Basil and Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 carrots cut into thin strips
- 4 green onions cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup firmly packed basil leaves
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Thinly slice breasts. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Spray with vegetable oil. Add garlic and Serrano pepper. Cook for 10-15 seconds.
- Add chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Add the broccoli, carrots, and green onions and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add the reserved sauce mixture and basil leaves.
- Stir-fry for 1 minute, or until mixture is warmed through. Serve over cooked rice.