Get your vitamin C in with this tasty tomato recipe!
- 8 ripe medium tomatoes cored and thickly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Arrange tomato slices, overlapping in prepared dish.
- Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and sprinkle with vinegar.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, garlic, thyme, pepper and remaining salt.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over tomatoes.
- Bake tomatoes for 30-35 minutes, or until they are tender and the breadcrumbs are crisp and golden.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. (Optional)