Scalloped Cheese Potatoes
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 6 medium peeled red potatoes, cut into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 oz. shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rub an 11 x 7 inch baking dish with cut sides of garlic halves, coat dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Arrange half of potato slices in dish and add 1 tablespoon margarine.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and half of pepper.
- Top with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
- Bring milk to a boil over low heat in a small saucepan, and then pour over potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.