Salmon, my favorite fish, is a great source for omega-3 fats, which are great for your body! This pate can be served on a low salted cracker or as a spread on top of a bagel.
- 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese or ricotta
- 15 oz. red salmon, skin removed
- 3 water packed artichoke hearts
- 2 scallions
- 6 drops Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 oz. pimento, drained
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh chopped dill, or 1 Tbs. dried
- 1 tablespoon capers packed in water or vinegar
- Blend the cottage cheese in a food processor until it is smooth.
- Add the salmon, artichoke hearts, scallions, Tabasco, mustard and lemon juice using short pulses, until everything is combined and coarsely chopped.
- Add the pimento, dill, and capers and using short pulses, process again, so that there are still pieces of pimento showing.
- Chill or serve at room temperature as a spread for crackers or vegetables.