Salmon and Vegetable Packets
This recipe is a little difficult to prepare but it is good. You could substitute any of your favorite vegetables for the packets.
- 4 (13 x 12) inch aluminum foil
- Nonstick spray coating
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root or bottled chopped ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1 1/2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced red sweet pepper
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 8 thin slices lemon
- Pin of salt
- Fold each sheet of parchment or foil in half crosswise. Cut into a heart shape with the fold running vertically down the center. Open each heart to lie flat; spray with nonstick coating.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine rice, mushrooms, sweet pepper, and green onion in a large bowl.
- Add soy sauce mixture; toss to coat.
- Arrange a one cup vegetable-rice mixture in the center of one side of each heart and top with a salmon fillet.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and top with two lemon slices.
- Fold the paper over the salmon and beginning at the tip of each heart, make a series of tight, overlapping folds to seal the parchment.
- Place packets on a non-greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve, makes four servings.