Quick Run Pasta Sauce
Make easy, tasteful pasta sauce for meals before practice.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil or spray a large skillet with vegetable spray over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine and next 6 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in parsley.
- Serve with wheat pasta for lower fat and a better nutritional value!