Quick Run Lasagna
Lasagna fans know what it is like waiting hours for lasagna to complete. Now you can make it fast to go with this hot recipe!
- 1 pound lean ground turkey optional
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 26 oz. jar low-fat spaghetti sauce
- 16 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons low-fat Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese suggested fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fat-free mozzarella shredded
- 12 oz. lasagna noodles uncooked
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped red peppers
- 1 cup chopped yellow peppers
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with vegetable spray.
- Place the turkey, onion, and garlic in a large frying pan sprayed with cooking spray and a drop of water.
- Cook on medium high heat until the turkey is browned and the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the sauces, oregano, basil, and crushed red pepper.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Spread a little of the sauce on the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Place part of the uncooked noodles on the bottom of the baking pan.
- Spread half of the cottage cheese over the noodles evenly.
- Spread half of the sauce over the cottage cheese.
- Arrange the vegetables on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the vegetables.
- Top with another layer of noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45-50 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes.