Pizza Style Meatloaf
This recipe is quite good and easy to make. You can use leftover low-fat spaghetti sauce if you don't have pizza sauce.
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds 99% fat-free ground turkey
- 3/4 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 2 oz. Fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 12 cup diced red bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 1/3 cup sauce, meat, and next 8 ingredients in a bowl.
- Shape meat mixture into an 18 x 12-inch rectangle on wax paper.
- Sprinkle cheese and red bell pepper, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Roll meat mixture up jelly-roll fashion starting at short side. Pinch ends to seal.
- Place meat loaf on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for one hour or until meat registers 160 degrees. Brush 1/3 cup pizza sauce over meat loaf.
- Bake an additional five minutes or until done.
- Let it stand for ten minutes before slicing.
- Serve hot!