Inspired in Spain, with the original recipe name “Pineapple Nieve”. If you love pineapples then you will love this quick sweet recipe! Like an Italian ice but better!
- 5 cups coarsely chopped pineapple (recommended, 1 large fresh pineapple)
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional, your favorite sweetener)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Place the pineapple in a food processor for two minutes or until very smooth.
- Add sugar and lime juice and blend. If desired, strain the mixture through a sieve into a bowl, discard the solids.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- To prepare without a freezer, pour mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish; cover and freeze until firm, stirring occasionally.
- Best when eaten as soon as it freezes. Serve with cinnamon chips. (View recipe below)