Peppered Salmon Fillet with Minted Tomato Salsa
Mint adds a delicious twist to the ever popular tomato salsa. You will love this spicy salmon recipe.
- 4 cups chopped tomato
- 1/4 finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 6 oz. salmon fillets, (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Combine first tomatoes, red onion, mint, basil, jalapeno pepper and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Place salmon on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray and spread each fillet with 1/2 teaspoon mustard.
- Sprinkle with pepper. Broil 10 minutes or until done.
- Let stand 2 minutes. Serve with minted salsa.