Penne Pasta with Seafood
A fantastic seafood recipe easily adaptable to your favorite choice of fish!
- 2 quarts water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 pound medium prawns, peeled
- 1 pound sea scallops, (optional, calamari)
- 10 oz. fillet of fish, 3/4" diced (sea bass recommended)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 Roma tomatoes (skinned and diced)
- 1/2 bunch basil, julienne cut
- 1/4 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups fish broth*
- *Fish broth: 1 fish bouillon cube and 2 cups water
- Bring water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil.
- Add pasta. Stir for two minutes, and then cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Strain pasta and rinse with cold water.
- Sauté seafood on medium heat for two minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic, shallots & tomatoes and sauté for another minute.
- Add herbs and wine.
- Reduce by approximately 1/3, then add stock & pasta and reduce to 1 1/2 cups liquid.
- Serve on a warm plate.