Oven Fried Chicken
Who said that you could not make your own shake and bake oven-fried chicken? It’s easier than you may think!
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (3 lb) boneless skinned chicken, skinned and cut into pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put everything in a large airtight plastic bag and seal, then shake to coat the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and put in a pan coated with cooking spray.
- Drizzle margarine over chicken.
- For a spicier version, substitute red pepper for the white.
- Bake at 400 degrees for fifty minutes or until crispy and brown on top.