Mushroom Rice Stir Fry
As you can tell I like a lot of mushrooms in my recipes. Mushrooms add a sharp seasoned taste to all the meals that I prepare. You will enjoy the taste of the filling Mushroom Rice Stir Fry!
- 1 cup cooked wild or brown rice
- 1/2 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups water or low fat chicken broth
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced scallion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried, crushed sage
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 stalks celery
- Chopped fresh ground pepper to taste
- Put 1 teaspoon of soy sauce in the rice cooker with the scallions.
- Cook rice, and then set aside.
- Place the onion and celery in a large pan with about 1/4 cup water.
- Cook, stirring until the vegetables soften slightly.
- Add the mushrooms and stir occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and the remaining soy sauce and other seasonings.
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes.