Ground Turkey Meat Loaf
Although this recipe may have many ingredients, it is easy to prepare if you chop up everything in a food processor. Serve with mashed potatoes for a great tasting meal!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 1/2 onions finely chopped, 2 thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/4-1/2 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 1 or 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3/8 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Couple of generous pinches of rosemary, oregano and thyme
- 1/2 cup of tomato or vegetable juice
- 1-2 tablespoons of Dijon or other flavorful mustard
- Couple generous shakes of soy sauce
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix ground turkey with chopped onion, half of the garlic, the carrots, bouillon cube, tomatoes, parsley, breadcrumbs, herbs, half the juice, mustard, soy sauce, pepper and half the ketchup.
- Shape meat into a loaf and place in a baking pan just slightly larger than the loaf.
- Top with remaining juice, ketchup, scatter remaining garlic and the sliced onions on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees and bake until the edges of the loaf turn brown and crusty.