Greek food is world famous for its simple, delicious Mediterranean flair. Baklava is easy to make and a perfect touch after dinner.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts dry-roasted
- 8 sheets fillo dough thawed (more info, http://www.athens.com)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix raisins and nuts, set aside.
- Lightly spray every other sheet of fillo with vegetable oil spray, stacking all the sheets.
- Spread raisin-nut mixture over the fillo, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Starting on the long side, roll lengthwise, and place, seam side down, on a nonstick baking sheet, making sure the ends of the roll are tucked under.
- Brush the top lightly with margarine, (or spray with vegetable oil).
- Cut through the pastry to the raisin-nut mixture, at 1 1/2 inch intervals, to provide vents for steam to escape.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Slice, using vent lines as guides.
- Serve and enjoy!