- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 fresh jalapeno chili, stemmed
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1/3 cup grated carrot
- Salt to taste
- In a blender, whirl 1 cup cilantro, garlic, chili, and 1 cup broth until smooth.
- In 3-4 quart pan, stir oil, rice, onion powder and cumin over medium heat until rice is golden, 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro mixture, remaining broth, and carrot.
- Cover, bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed (18 minutes)
- Great served with black beans and tortillas.