Chunky Vegetable Soup
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 7 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound red potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 pound small carrots cut into one inch pieces
- 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 can whole tomatoes undrained and chopped
- 1 10 oz. package frozen lima beans
- 1/2 cup cooked orzo rice shaped pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Coat a large soup pot with cooking spray, add oil, and place over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion and garlic, sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add water and next 10 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Add orzo, cook uncovered another 10 minutes.
- Ladle in individual bowls, sprinkle with cheese.