Chickpea and Cucumber Salad
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 3/4 cups canned or cooked chickpeas garbanzo beans rinsed.
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped mint leaves
- 2 medium carrots peeled and grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Peel cucumbers and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and discard them.
- Cut cucumbers into 1/4-inch pieces. Place in a medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss well to combine.
- Serve salad at room temperature.