The easy to make Chicken Parmesan is a great meal before any competition. It is light, high in carbohydrates and taste great! One of my favorites.
- 4 (4 oz.) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (optional)
- 4 cups hot cooked spaghetti (about 8 oz. uncooked pasta)
- 3 cups Ultimate Quick and Easy Pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim (or nonfat) mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dip one chicken breast half in flour. Next, dip in egg whites and dip again in breadcrumb mixture. Repeat procedure until finished.
- Heat oil or vegetable spray in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place 1 cup spaghetti in an oven safe dish, spoon 1/2-cup pasta sauce over each serving.
- Top each with 1 chicken breast half. Spoon 1/4-cup sauce over each serving, sprinkle with 1/4-cup mozzarella cheese.
- 9. Place dishes on a baking sheet; broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts.