- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray (vegetable)
- 8 oz. sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala
- 1/3 cup de-fatted chicken broth
- Place each chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- Working from the center to the edges of each piece, lightly pound it with the flat side of a meat mallet to a 1/8-inch thickness.
- Remove plastic wrap. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a flat dish. Then lightly press chicken into this mixture to coat both sides.
- Sauté mushrooms and scallions until tender in a skillet treated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Transfer mushroom and scallions to a bowl, then brown the chicken in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Return the mushroom mixture to pan and carefully add wine then the broth.
- Cook uncovered for 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly, then reduce heat and simmer to desired consistency.
- Serve chicken topped with mushrooms and sauce.