Chicken and Rice with Creamy Herb Sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken-flavored bouillon granules
- 4 (4 oz.) boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 (6 oz.) tub light cream cheese with garlic and spices (Healthy Choice)
- 4 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Bring first three ingredients to a boil in a large skillet, then add chicken.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer fifteen minutes, turning chicken after eight minutes. Remove chicken from skillet. Set aside and keep warm.
- Bring cooking liquid to a boil, then cook five minutes or until reduced to 2/3 cup.
- Combine one tablespoon water and cornstarch and add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil and cook one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add cream cheese and cook until well blended.
- Serve chicken over rice; spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.