- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (1 oz.) slices French bread, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- To prepare dressing, combine the first 9 ingredients; stir well with a whisk.
- To prepare croutons, place bread cubes on a baking sheet; bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes or until toasted.
- Combine croutons and lettuce in a bowl.
- Add dressing and toss on the salad.
- Serve immediately.