Braised Salmon with Leeks and Dill
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups chopped leeks
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets (about an 1-inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried or 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leek and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add tomato, salt and pepper, then sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add wine and salmon. Sprinkle with dill and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes.