Black Eye Pea Delight
Black eyed peas are not the most popular appetizers but this recipe served on a burrito is great. This recipe is very easy and fast to make!
- 2 cups seeded tomato
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded Serrano chile
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 15 oz. can black-eyed peas, drained
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and stir well.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Serve as a salsa dip for low-fat tortilla chips or vegetables, as well as a fantastic filling for burritos!