Barbecued Turkey Sloppy Joe Sandwich
- 1 pound 99 % fat-free ground turkey breast
- 1 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 12 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 hamburger buns, toasted
- In a large skillet, cook the ground turkey and onions over medium heat, stirring often to break up lumps, until turkey loses its pink color.
- Stir in the next ten ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, until thickened.
- Spoon turkey mixture onto each toasted bun.