Asparagus Pasta Risotto
Here's an easy, pasta recipe that uses risotto, a very popular carbohydrate in Italian cuisine.
- 2 cups dried orzo pasta (uncooked rice shaped pasta)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped asparagus
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh sage leaves, plus sprigs
- Place pasta and broth in a 4-5 quart pan over high heat, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-high, cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is barely tender to bite, 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and remove pan from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat, 3-4 minutes.
- Add sage leaves, stir often until edges begin to curl, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- With a slotted spoon, lift sage to a towel. Reserve oil.
- Crush and crumble sage leaves, then add sage and oil to pasta and mix.
- Garnish with sage sprigs. Add pepper to taste.